Saturday, December 1, 2012

IWSG

I have got to make this quick. I'm posting my 'Insecure Writers Support Group' post today, Saturday, December 1st. Seems strange that it's December ALREADY, just yesterday is was August. Anyway...I'm 'leaving on a jet plane' in a few hours ad didn't want to miss this months IWSG. I know blogger is supposed to be able to hold and post a 'bit' anytime you tell it, but you know me and technology (besides blogger hates me). So, instead of trusting the 'big B', I'll just post early. I'll only have my iPhone to read your posts, so I'll come around and comment when I get back.

Someone asked if I was going to the States to shop. Ha, ha, ha. As much as I love to give presents, I hate to shop. I'll give you a hint as to where and why I'm traveling to the States. Let's just pretend I just won the Super Bowl - now where would I be going next.

Anyway, Insecurity. Last month and this I'm not feeling too insecure. Not exactly sure why that is or what happened, but...

I've gotten myself back to blogging, at least once a week. I've gotten myself back to visiting my favorite sites on a regular basis. I'm reading anything and everything like a nut. I've found a CP who is wacky enough to want to read my stuff. SO, THEN YOU TELL ME, why can't I keep my butt in the chair and get my edits done, so I can send off the work to my new wacky CP.

I start out with the best intentions and just can't seem to get it done. I'm starting to wonder if this is some new form of 'separation anxiety', as in I can't stand the thought of sending this story into the hands of someone else. I DON'T KNOW! any and all suggestions will be considered.

Now, head on over to AlexJCavanaugh.blogspot.com (on Wednesday, December 5th) to get to the 'Linky List', where you can check out the other Insecure Writers and see what they have to say.

Catch ya on the flip side (of this week that it)!

YIKES! While previewing this on the actual page, I just noticed that I have 251 followers. a couple of you new guys snuck in there on me. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. Have a blast! It's great to hear that things are going well. It amazes me how sometimes just acting like I writer (working on my blog, interacting with other writers, etc.) can relieve my insecurities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to Hawaii!
    I hate shopping as well.
    Did you read the responses from Cassie and Rusty I posted a few weeks ago? Trust me, you have nothing to worry about! Let that manuscript go to your critique partner. It will be all right.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, you'd be going to Hawaii if you were playing in the Pro Bowl. If Disney had paid you to say it, you'd possibly be going to Disney World. (Because the NFL doesn't send the players anywhere after winning the Super Bowl.) So my guess is you are going to Disney World. Wow, that is one long flight for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. With everyone saying how they can't believe it's December already I'm coming to grips with the fact that it is December already. Hope you have a fun, productive, and safe time with wherever you're going and whatever you're doing.

    And I can relate to that insecurity about putting my writing into someone else's hands. It's got to be done if it's going to be done eventually anyway when you get it published. Better to have it critiqued before then than to get slammed by critics and readers later.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think sending to CPs is just something you have to get used to. The first few times I did it I was totally stressed out until I heard back from them. Now I can send it out and (usually) not even think about it until I get it back. Don't worry, all will be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    I have no answers, just the same questions as you. It seems the writing journey is fraught with unique challenges every step of the way. I keep telling myself "Go, WRITE through it."

    When you get a chance, stop by and you'll see that one of your comments made my top 20 list.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So is it Disney Land or Disney World? That Super Bowl quote is kinda foggy to me.

    Also, the hardest part about being a writer is just gluing your ass to the chair and making it happen. So good luck and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wacky CP here... I am probably one of the most neurotic, insecure writers you will ever meet. In light of that, I fully understand what you are going through and I PROMISE to be truthful, but never hurtful. I will treat your hard work (once it reaches my hands) with the utmost respect. Do not be afraid, I am here to help and support you! Whenever it's ready, I'll be here for you.

    Have a wonderful trip back to the States, hopefully you'll come home refreshed and ready to edit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you'll post some pics when you get back. I'm there sitting beside you! LOL. Just in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lookie...lookie...I'm back!! And your off playing around with Mickey!!

    Enjoy your time away! See you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREETINGS, EARTHLING!! While I am here for an existence finite, gottawanna run back to the Elysian Fields soon; however, take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora-of-thot to write the next, great masterpeace -if- I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and/or cohesively cuddle withe greatest, ex-mortal-girly-ever to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it. Do it! Get back with me Upstairs, k? God bless you, doll: pleasure-beyond-measure is waiting in the Great Beyond for you and eye. Love you. PS: the musical term MORENDO means ‘dying-away in tone-and-time’. How very apropos for U.S. …thewarningsecondcoming.com

    ReplyDelete