Thursday, January 21, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS RESULTS - THREE LITTLE WORDS



Bob Marley Wins

Now that we have those three little words out of the way you don’t have to worry about a thing; everything is right with the world.

You guys really didn’t like little Connie very much. Well actually that’s not quite the truth of the matter. It seemed you all liked her well enough and credited her for having a mighty talent, but when it comes to BOB and Reggae…well ‘nough said.

To so many folks Bob is Reggae. I think it may be that he took a regional music form and helped to make it more mainstream. I love this song and have wanted to use it in a BOTB for quite some time now. What I should have done was to use it at a time when I wasn’t running behind and foggy. Then maybe I would have had the time and presence of mind to find two suitable version to pit against each other and let Bob reign as the one and only original.

Connie is a novelty. She’s cute and is a powerhouse voice, but as many of you said; it almost seems unnatural to hear that voice come from a little girl. I like the idea of a child singing this sweet simple tune, but in the end this one belongs to Bob and he got my vote along with most of yours.

This proved to be a rather poor BATTLE. Great song, IMO, but not much of a BATTLE as Bob ran off with the vote. No surprises there, eh? When I visit the results posts of the other participants I’m quick to say that it’s my opinion that the closer the BATTLE the better it was; in other words, the contestants were evenly matched and fought it out to the finish. That didn’t happen here, so by my own reckoning this wasn’t a very good Battle. Oh Well…you can’t win ‘em all.

The final tally:
                                Bob Marley         16 votes (including mine)
                                Connie Talbot       4 votes

I hope to be back on February 1 with another BATTLE OF THE BANDS that qualifies as an entry in the 'Lost and Found Valentines Edition Bloghop'


Until that time Happy Trails!

27 comments:

  1. We all know you're struggling to keep all the balls in the air. Not easy after having been so sick. No, this wasn't one of your better battles (in terms of me really feeling torn about it all) BUT I did appreciate the introduction to cute, talented Connie Talbot. I think she's someone who will make it big with the right people behind her.

    Feel better and I know you'll bring something compelling next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie did get some votes so I think that speaks volumes about her talent. I look forward to your next battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I avoided a shut out by the first two votes counted. Connie managed to collect 4 votes and that's more than I expected.

      Delete
  3. Marley sure won this one with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob definitely deserved the win. I wouldn't call it a poor battle, though. Have this same battle in 10-15 years when Connie's more grown up and you might have a real fight on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be, but I do believe that bob will be hard to beat at any time, by just about anyone.

      Delete
  5. I voted for Connie - she was too cute to not receive at least one vote. That and she looks so sincere... didn't we all at that age? Ha!

    Take care - see you come Feb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dixie, you were one of the four, and I'm sure Connie appreciate that.

      Delete
  6. FAE ~
    Your Battle was dead in the water from the beginning. Connie against some other cover might have been a "Battle" but, yes, you're right, this competition was not going to end any way other than how it did.

    I still haven't counted my votes and announced my winner, but I will tomorrow... I guess... if I haven't anything better to do.

    My BOTB was way closer than yours was, but I know who won and I'm very discouraged about it. In fact, I'm so unhappy about how my Battle turned out that I'm seriously thinking about quitting BOTB after April.

    I love BOTB, but if people don't vote intellectually / musically honestly, it takes all the fun out of it.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks...I think. Dead in the water, eh?

      You really can't be too disappointed at the outcome of any BATTLE, at least I hope not. It would be a shame to lose Mr. BOTB over something like this.

      Perhaps people will become more intellectually/musically honest in the future, but personally I wouldn't count on it. All i can do is speak for myself. I know what I like and that's how I vote. I think you do the same.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do. But I'm having very disturbing thoughts that many other folks do not.

      I know for A FACT that some voters try to imp--

      ...Never mind.

      What will be will be...

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  7. Not surprised about the outcome here. But I'm still happy with my vote. We didn't want a shutout did we? I look forward to the song battle you'll have for us for the next round--I'm sure you'll have a good contribution for Lost and Found.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out
    &
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were the very first to vote for Connie, so right out of the box you saved me from a shut-out...so, thank you very much.

      Delete
  8. It was an interesting matchup and Connie has a huge talent for a little girl but it had to be Bob, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems just about everyone felt the same way...Connie was good but still a little girl and not up to the match-up with Bob.

      Delete
  9. Hard to beat the master at his own song.
    Glad you're joining us for the blogfest that day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See? I knew my pick was not going to win. Per your own reasoning, my battle wasn't very good either. The margin was 5-15. The last battle was just as bad. I need to really try harder to pick some evenly matched songs again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to know how these things will go. We do the best we can and hope the votes will fairly even. Oh well...it doesn't always work out that way.

      Delete
  11. Ack, I missed this time around. I'm not sure how I would've voted. reggae not being my favorite genre and all. Dang was this a landslide, but as you said... can't win em all. I've had worse battles haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was wondering where you've been. Well hopefully you'll make it on the first. Hopefully, I'll present a better BATTLE.

      Delete
  12. Bob Marley is hard to beat in this category but I'm glad you posted this one. I had a landslide a while back and my January Bowie post is pretty much a shoo-in, too. We have fun, what else matters? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun is what this is supposed to be all about. We try out best.

      Delete
  13. Well, you know, a classic vs a little girl? I think she did pretty well with her votes, considering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this wasn't a shut out. Glad to see you come by. Hope you're looking forward to a great 2016.

      Delete